A tax consultant is a person in charge of preparing tax returns for clients or is a person whose work is to provide information and advice to help a client fill out their own tax returns.
A tax consult also answers clients’ questions, help them prepare for future tax situations, and then analyze information to ensure compliance with government regulation.
A reputable consulting firm, located in Lekki phase 1, is seeking an experienced senior tax consultant.
ROLE: senior tax consultant
- Assist the manager in helping cooperate clients and individuals meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines.
- Draft reports, identify key issues, and propose solutions to clients on tax implementation strategy.
- Prepare, compute, and review tax returns.
- Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues related to business transaction and tax implications of financing techniques for a variety of entities and their affiliate.
- Proactively identify clients’ needs and problems on technical issues that arise and propose solutions to address them.
- Provide initial recommendations based on current tax legislation to the client and help with their tax compliance and planning.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high-quality service to the client.
ANALYTICAL THINKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
- Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data and develop informed recommendations.
- Seek opportunities to challenge self and take responsibilities for own and team results
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador for the firm.
- Actively build a business relationship to help actualize the firm’s mission.
- Gather information to understand broader offerings of the firm and seek opportunities to market the brand.
- Proffer solution to address identified issues in areas of expertise that may enhance/renew service offering to clients.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of four years of working experience in accounting and tax consulting firm or related sector.
- Degree qualification in accounting or relevant field with a minimum of second class(lower division) or upper class.
- Experienced in the area of regulatory tax compliance and liaising with revenue tax authorities
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via their Email
DEADLINE: 30th Sep 2020